In this guide, you will learn how to get WhatsApp Business API from an Official WhatsApp API Partner such as WATI.
WhatsApp is the most used messaging channel in the world.
As of July 2020, more than 50 Million Businesses use the WhatsApp Business App.
While WhatsApp Business App is a great tool for businesses to support Catalogues and communicate with their customers, it does not provide some unique capabilities such as –
- Cannot send bulk messages to customers/leads.
- Cannot automatically trigger messages via APIs.
- Does not support multiple logins & dashboards to measure agent performance.
All these limitations can be overcome by using the “WhatsApp Business API“.
But, before you decide to use WhatsApp API, you must know a few basics about APIs and the rules-
- WhatsApp APIs are not free. There’s a hosting fee and fee per conversation. To know more, you can check whatsApp API Pricing here.
- WhatsApp Voice Call & Video Calls are not supported on WhatsApp API. Audio Notes are supported.
- You must adhere to WhatsApp’s Commerce Policies.
- WhatsApp Groups are not supported.
- You must apply for WhatsApp API through a WhatsApp API Partner. You can find a list of partners here.
- If a user has not messaged you in the last 24 hours, you can only send them a template-approved message. Templates must adhere to WhatsApp’s Template Guidelines.
- If the user has messaged you, you can reply to them only within 24 hours from the user’s last message sent time.
- WhatsApp Status Feature is not supported.
How to get WhatsApp API?
To get WhatsApp API Access, you need to follow these steps –
- Get a Phone Number (should not have an existing WhatsApp Account).
- Signup for a WhatsApp API Provider such as WATI. You can signup here.
- Complete Facebook Business Verification.
1. Get a Phone Number
You can buy a new phone number that can receive a phone call or SMS from an international number.
The number should not have an existing WhatsApp Account.
If the number has a WhatsApp account, you must delete the account by following the steps mentioned here.
If you’ve registered with WhatsApp API before, you can even migrate to another provider.
2. Signup with a WhatsApp Partner
You can signup by choosing a plan from here: https://wati.io/pricing.
After you make a payment, you are redirected to the link that allows you to connect with your Facebook Business Manager.
Click on “Continue with Facebook”.
Continue with your Facebook login.
On the next page, click on “Get Started”.
Proceed to link with your Facebook Business Manager.
Create a new Facebook Business Account or link an existing one.
Create a new WhatsApp Business Account (also called WABA).
Proceed to Step 2 once the account has been set up.
Fill in your WhatsApp Business Display Name.
Choose your Industry Category and proceed.
Add your WhatsApp Number and choose the verification method as “SMS” or “Voice”.
Input the 6-digit verification code.
Click on “OK” on the last step.
After completing these steps, you will get your account details via email within 30 minutes.
3. Verify your Facebook Business Manager
After completing the above steps, you will get your WhatsApp API Sandbox Access, but to get full access, you must complete your Facebook Business Verification.
To learn how to verify your Facebook Business Manager, you can refer this detailed guide.
With the WATI Platform, you can do a lot of things such as –
- Manage customer support via WhatsApp with multiple agents
- Manage your contact list
- Send bulk broadcast messages to your contacts
- Build a WhatsApp Chatbot without coding
- Integrate with third-party tools & CRMs such as Hubspot, Zoho, Google Sheets, Zapier, Integromat, Shopify, Woocommerce & more
If you’d like to experience a free trial, you can signup here.
Or, you can book a demo here.